Under direct supervision, using standard processes and continuous improvements, the Punch Press Operator operates the Bliss, Minster and Aida Press Machines which stamp Company Name, Emblem and holes in steel strap for various size couplings in a timely and efficient manner that meet the quality standards to ensure the delivery of world-class products to Anaco customers.
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
1. Responsible for machine set-up/adjustments. Co-ordinates production changes and request maintenance for machines.
2. Troubleshoot with Die Repair person
3. Mix oil for stamping, check oil rollers, grease on dies, grease pay-out and take-up reels, and tie coils on take-up reel.
4. General maintenance of presses and its supporting equipment is required: clean and lubricate machines.
5. Use hand tools: ratchet, snipes, tools to guide material through the dies, etc.
6. Cross train on all machines as Team Members may rotate occasionally.
7. Responsible for production, quality of product, and documentation of daily/weekly/monthly numbers.
8. Ability to train others as needed, follow supervisors instructions at all times and perform other duties as assigned
9. Must verify the quality of work during production 15 -30 min intervals.
10. Operate multiple presses at the same time.
Clip Presses: press 3 (Minster Press) and press 8 (Minster Press):
11. Press 3: average 64,000 per 8 hours; Press 8: average 88,000 per 8 hours.
Housing Press: press 4 (Minster Press):
12. Press 4: average 76,000 per 8 hours.
Shield Presses: press 6 (Aida Press), press 7 (Aida Press), and press 10 (Minster Press):
13. Press 6: average up to 40,000 shields daily based on size: Press 7: average up to 14,000 shields daily based on size. Press 10 average up to 30,000 shields based on size.
Strap Presses: press 1 (Minster Press), press 2 (Minster Press), and press 9 (Bliss Press).
14.Press 1: average up to 42,000 straps daily based on size; Press 2: average up to 22,000 straps daily based on size; Press 9: average up to 18,000 straps based on size;
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
• 2 + years experience as a press operator preferred.
• Ability to read blueprints is preferred.
• Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
• Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from a management & team members
• Team work / collaborative style
• Able to use computer and software as required
• Work overtime and occasional Saturdays
• Able to work under pressure of meeting schedules, production deadlines, and managing multiple priorities.
• Regularly required to bend, lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.