ANACO a Division of McWane – is a leading manufacturer of plumbing joining systems and couplings products located in Corona, CA. The company is currently seeking candidates for Utility Maintenance (Mechanic).
Under general supervision, the Utility Maintenance worker is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, program, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Professional references, education, and background checks are conducted, and a post offer/pre-employment physical and drug screen is required.
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
• Repairs, maintains, and ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance
• Requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines; following diagrams, blueprints, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions; Confers with operators regarding equipment or machine malfunction.
•Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand power tools.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• May start repair or newly installed machines and equipment to verify readiness for operation.
• Records type of malfunction and repair work performed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
•High School diploma or equivalent is required.
• 5+ years of maintenance mechanic or related experience
• Good attendance and work history required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Excellent work ethic and a team player.
• Must be flexible, self motivated, organized and able to perform at a high pace environment.
• Must have STRONG mechanical abilities.+• Work independently and as a team.
• Ability to follow directions and give directions to operators.
• Maintain clean work area.